[Humor] Catholic Parrots

Jim C. Nasby decibel at decibel.org
Thu Apr 14 03:23:29 GMT 2005

A lady goes to her priest one day and tells him, "Father, I have a
problem. I have two female parrots, but they only know how to say one
thing."

"What do they say?" the priest asks.  They say, "Hi, we're hookers! Do
you want to have some fun?"

"That's obscene!" the priest exclaimed, then he thought for a moment.
"You know, I have two male talking parrots, that I have taught to pray
and read the Bible. Bring your two parrots over to my house, and we'll
put them in the cage with Francis and Bob. My parrots can teach your
parrots to praise and worship, and your parrots are sure to stop saying
that phrase in no time."

"Thank you," the woman said , "this may be the solution."

The next day, she brought her female parrots to the priest's house. As
he ushered her in, she saw that his two male parrots were inside their
cage holding rosary beads and praying.  Impressed, she walked over and
placed her parrots in with them.

After a few minutes , the female parrots cried out in unison: "Hi, we're
hookers! Do you want to have some fun?"

There was stunned silence. Shocked, one male parrot looked over at the
other male parrot and exclaimed,  "Put the beads away, Frank. Our
prayers have been answered!"