[Humor] Bad fishing weather

Jim C. Nasby jim at nasby.net
Mon Aug 15 12:07:36 CDT 2005

On Saturday morning I got up early.  I put on my long johns.  I dressed
quietly.  I got my lunch made, grabbed the dog and went to the garage to
hook up the boat to the truck.  Coming out of the garage, rain is
pouring down...it is like a torrential downpour. There is snow mixed in
with the rain and the wind is blowing 50 mph. Minutes later, I returned
to the garage.  I came back into the house and turned the TV to the
weather channel.  I find it's going to be bad weather all day long, so I
put the boat back in the garage, quietly undressed and slipped back
into bed.  There I cuddled up to my wife's back, now with a different
anticipation, and whispered, "The weather out there is terrible."   To
which she sleepily replied, "Can you believe my stupid husband is out
fishing in that stuff?!"