[Humor] What's the point?

Jim C. Nasby decibel at decibel.org
Sun May 8 15:34:24 GMT 2005

I recently picked a new primary care physician. After two visits and
exhaustive lab tests, he said I was doing "fairly well" for my age. A
little concerned about that comment, I couldn't resist asking him, "Do
you think I'll live to be 80?"

He asked, do you smoke tobacco or drink beer/wine?" "Oh no," I replied.
"I'm not doing either."

Then he asked, "Do you eat rib-eye steaks and barbecued ribs?" I said,
"No, my other Doctor said that all red meat is very unhealthy!"

"Do you spend a lot of time in the sun, like playing golf, sailing,
hiking, or bicycling?" No, I don't," I said.

He asked, "Do you gamble, drive fast cars, or have a lot of sex?" No," I
said. "I don't do any of those things."

He looked at me and said, "Then why do you give a shit if you live to be
80?
----- End forwarded message -----