[Humor] Funeral procession

Jim C. Nasby jim at nasby.net
Thu Oct 6 21:59:51 GMT 2005

A woman was leaving a convenience store with her morning coffee when she
noticed a most unusual funeral procession approaching the nearby
Cemetery.

A long black hearse was followed by a second long black hearse about 50
feet behind the first one. Behind the second hearse was a solitary woman
walking a pit bull on a  leash. Behind her, a short distance back, were
about 200 women walking single file.

The woman was so curious that she respectfully approached the woman
walking the dog and said, "I am so sorry for your loss, and I know now
is a bad time to disturb you, but I have never seen a funeral like this.

Whose funeral is it?"

"My husband's."

"What happened to him?"

The woman replied, "My dog attacked and killed him."

She inquired further, "Well, who is in the second hearse?"

The woman answered, "My mother-in-law. She was trying to help my husband
when the dog turned on her."

A poignant and thoughtful moment of silence passed between the two
women.

"Can I borrow the dog?"

"Get in line."