[Humor] True Friendship

Jim C. Nasby jim at nasby.net
Thu Oct 13 17:04:02 GMT 2005

Hopefully not a repeat..

----- Forwarded message

Are you tired of all those lame-ass "friendship" poems? Well, here is a
series of promises that really speaks to true friendship:

1. When you are sad - I will help you get drunk and plot revenge against the
sorry bastard who made you sad.

2. When you are blue - I will try to dislodge whatever is choking you.

3. When you smile - I will know you finally got laid.

4. When you are scared - I will rag on you about it every chance I get.

5. When you are worried - I will tell you horrible stories about how much
worse it could be and to quit whining.

6. When you are confused - I will use little words.

7. When you are sick - Stay the hell away from me until you are well again.
I don't want whatever you have.

8. When you fall - I will point and laugh at your clumsy ass.

This is my oath...I pledge it till the end. Why? Because you are my friend.

Send this to 10 of your closest friends, then get depressed because you can
only think of nine.

Remember: A good friend will help you move. A really good friend will help
you move a body. Let me know if I ever need to bring a shovel.

Remeber: A good friend will come and bail you out of jail at 4am but a great
friend will be sitting beside you asking, "What the hell were we thinking!"