[Humor] Truth about in-fligth announcements

Jim C. Nasby decibel at decibel.org
Fri Sep 15 13:07:30 CDT 2006

GOOD morning, ladies and gentlemen. We are delighted to welcome you
aboard Veritas Airways, the airline that tells it like it is. Please
ensure that your seat belt is fastened, your seat back is upright and
your tray-table is stowed. At Veritas Airways, your safety is our first
priority. Actually, that is not quite true: if it were, our seats would
be rear-facing, like those in military aircraft, since they are safer in
the event of an emergency landing. But then hardly anybody would buy our
tickets and we would go bust.

Read more: http://decibel45.livejournal.com/114799.html