[Humor] Punishment delayed is punishment denied-Dear Abby

Decibel! decibel at decibel.org
Thu Oct 23 22:30:05 UTC 2008

DEAR ABBY: A few weeks ago, I returned home after mowing the lawn at my
mother's place and parked my truck behind my house. I left the lawnmower
and a 5-gallon can of gas in the bed of my truck and went into the house
for a drink of water. When I returned, the gas can was missing.

I bought another can, filled it with gas and added 2 pounds of sugar.
Again, I parked my truck in the same spot with the gas can visible. An hour
later, it too had disappeared.

A short while later, I noticed a neighbor's son and his friends pushing his
car up the street. They said they had "engine problems." My wife thinks
what I did was wrong and that I should offer to pay for this lad's engine
repairs. What do you think? -- "A-GASSED" IN ILLINOIS

DEAR "A-GASSED": I disagree with your wife. What if the boys had another
kind of engine problem and this was just a coincidence? I'm sure whoever
stole your gas got an expensive lesson. Let's hope it also saved them from
a life of crime.
----- End forwarded message -----